Saturday 8 May 2010

In love with lilac

Today I had the pleasure of arranging the flowers for Clare Chitty. It was a very pretty spring wedding, with the most gorgeous colour bridesmaids dresses. It was called Victorian lilac, a shade that I hadn't seen before, but was the perfect shade to compliment the spring flower theme.



Clare wanted a classic bouquet of ivory garden roses but to soften the look and make it more garden looking, I introduced a soft green viburnum. To bring through the lovely lilac, I used soft lavender freesia Clare said "this is my Nan's favourite flower" and wanted to incorporate it into her bouquet. The fragrance from the flowers and foliage was just delicious






The Bridesmaids held hand tied bouquets of mixed spring flowers in the colour theme, introducing a more zingy lemon. I used a beautiful rose called Ocean song which was made for that colour dress....it even had the perfect texture to the petals that matched the chiffon fabric.
I used lemon ranunculas to give them a lift and they looked delightful.





When I delivered the flowers, Clare was getting her hair done, I saw the Bridesmaids finished look, and there stylish "up do"of high buns on smoothed back looked stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment